Garlic (Es)scape Pesto
Basil (a few sprigs)
Garlic scapes (a handfull)
Nuts (walnuts, almonds, pine nuts, or sunflower seeds)
Perfect for early summer when you need to stretch the basil and you've got garlic scapes that you don't know what to do with! Mike is always experimenting in the kitchen and came up with this one. Provides a perfect combo of basil and garlic flavor with with a smooth, no bitter taste. Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Add oil until it is the consistency of pesto.
Try this delicious yet underrated way of cooking garlic! Great for if you've got a bumper crop. All you need is:
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Peel extraneous papery skins off of the bulbs.
3. Optional - for easier removal from the bulbs when eating, cut off 1/4 to 1/2 from the top of the cloves.
4. Put garlic in a baking pan and coat bulbs with olive oil.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until bulbs are golden brown and soft when pressed.
6. Once cooled, enjoy by forking out the delicious insides and enjoying just as it is! You can also use it as a spread over toasted bread, or mix in with pasta and parmesan.
We need more recipes! Share your recipes here.